Thursday, October 9, 2008

Catalyst Lab Day

Catalyst Labs. Time with an author or church leader in a "small" group setting. Small is relative, because -- these groups are probably 300 or so. But it's not 12,000. So, I went to hear Perry Noble. He talked about what to do when you feel your passion waning. Four very significant questions, borne from Isaiah 49.
  • How much time do I spend LISTENING to God? Uninterrupted, consistent time with my heavenly Father?
In the end, God won't ask how big your ministry was, He will ask, "Were you faithful?"
  • Am I more concerned with being DISCOVERED or DEVELOPED?
Am I willing to stay on the journey and not be discovered, but be developed by God into the person He has called me to be?
  • Am I believing any LIES?
Am I running from things that are stupid things? Like a man running from a goose? I need to go back to the place I was when He found and called me.
  • Am I taking RISKS or playing it SAFE?
God-sized vision takes God-sized risk. Am I living and operating just one risk from breakthrough? What is it? So, I come away thinking about what I learned at Innovate and think -- CONFIRMATION. There was the same at the Unplugged event last night with the Deadly Viper guys. That was cool! To hear again from God that I really do have a purpose and vision FROM HIM. Can't beat that. I met and spoke with and prayed with Anne Jackson. Even more confirmation. Awesome. Lord, help me thrive in this vision, this passion YOU'VE given me. Help me love You with a crazy, unending, unyielding love! Help me see the timing, the steps, the ways You want me to move. I love being on this journey! Thank You for choosing me!

1 comment:

Hellcat07 said...

You all have such awesome stuff going on! I really love your blogs, Faye. Your words are helping me in my walk with the Lord, and your true heart shines through, inspiring me like you wouldn't believe :) Keep up the blogging! Hope to see you soon.