Friday, September 26, 2008

Newness

So, I go off to this thing at Granger Community Church in South Bend, Indiana for a conference called "Innovate '08" The whole theme was "Stop Talking - Start Doing." I confess when I started out listening to the speakers, I kept thinking that we needed to fix this or that. Now, I knew that we must be doing something right, so in my prayer time (at Gary & Dian Brown's house, THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!) I asked God to show me the truth. Well, He did. And let me tell you, I was SO not ready for what He had to say! When I started with Church of the Cove, I had been the secretary at another church, so I just kept on doing the same thing, producing bulletins and doing the best I knew how on a web site, just doing the best I knew how on all of the things I've done. Now, I hear from the Creator that I'm NOT supposed to be doing those things. No, not that I'm supposed to stop doing what I'm doing, but I'm to make changes. I'm to direct the flow of communications at Church of the Cove. I can't explain how jazzed I felt Wednesday night when I went to church with this new vision, this new understanding of my purpose. A couple years ago, when we went through the 40 Days of Purpose, I realized that God made me with the purpose to share information. This time, He's shown me that I'm to do that very thing, except that I'm not the tasker... I'm the one who gathers the taskers and helps them move the information from source to recipient. I have resources to help me figure out how to do that, and now I'm on the hunt to find those people. God has given me some idea of how this is going to look and it's really awesome to experience! I just can't wait!

No comments: