Sunday, September 28, 2008

Awesome!

I'm SO not a person who wants to be in front of everyone, but that seems to be squarely where God is putting me. I know I have a sense of humor that makes people think -- and He's been working on that. So, today, Darren allowed me to do the announcements. First thing I did was tell people that I was doing them because I'd grown up in Florida so I am more multi-lingual than Darren -- I say "hey y'all" "YO!" " 'sup" "hola!" "duuuude!" -- people laughed. In the second service, I think people were more awake than in the first... including me! When Darren started his welcome, he'd told everyone to take a deep breath. I made note when I got up there that he'd never said to exhale --- great laugh! Anyway -- people got the announcements and I got to experience being where God said to be, doing what God said to do. Can't beat that. Now my challenge will be getting the team put together. I know God has the people chosen.... just have to get them to realize that!

No comments: