Monday, October 6, 2008

Encouragement

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver. That's Proverbs 25:11 in the NIV. I just received one of those apples of gold. Someone just mentioned in an e-mail -- almost as an aside -- that they love my announcements at church. I can't begin to say how those few words bless my heart. I deal with doubt in my calling sometimes, and hearing from others that what I've done or said has inspired them or helped them, or that they love whatever it is really helps me know that I'm right where I'm supposed to be. Not that I'm seeking the approval of people (Galatians 1:10 -- one of my life verses) but it's good to hear that my service to the Lord is making a difference in the lives of people. So, if you're reading this and you're at the end of your rope, needing encouragement -- ask God for it! Tell Him you really need confirmation that you're doing what HE has called you to. He'll let you know, just be ready to hear and accept it. (That's part of the deal, when people encourage you, just say "thank you.") If you've seen someone doing something and it has helped you -- let them know it! As for me, I'm going to keep on doing my "thang" -- that "thang" that God has given me to do and be! It really rocks to stop trying to fit a manmade mold and slip so comfortably into the mold that God made for me!

1 comment:

Hellcat07 said...

Well, you deserve your encouragement! Watching you and your church, and listening to your services...has encouraged me SO much! I just love ya'all.