Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Morning Musings

As I sit here preparing to start another day of court transcripts and church bulletin production, I'm reading through blogs of men and women I've come to admire. I am soaking in so much truth that I figured I should share with anyone who stops by here. I didn't find much use for blogs previously, now I'm convinced. This medium, which some say is dead, is an incredible way for the men and women of Christ to open up to those who know them, and those who don't and share what's in their hearts & lives -- without having to be in every one's living room! I love it! Currently, Mark Batterson is in Germany -- and he's hearing some amazing speakers and they will hear him. Reformation. Remember that Martin Luther guy? Yeah, him. What happened to us? Tim Stevens is a brave man in my estimation. One who sees the world in ways I've never been challenged to. He ripped me right out of my comfort zone in this week of posts he's doing coming up to the election. This one in particular -- WOW! Yesterday, I read Perry Noble's blog about politics. I admire this man. I'm not sure he sleeps, I know he eats, I've seen his Tweets -- but just since I "met" him at Catalyst in early October, he's been to several different places, preached in his home church (some amazing messages getting to the heart of where women's main need is -- and men, too) and is now in Australia. He refused the term "jet lag" and after that flight around the world and below the Equator, he ate, talked, played rugby and has attended the Hillsong Men's Conference. He speaks there today. Wild. Sacrifice. What a fresh thinker -- or maybe just one who bring us BACK to where we need to be. And Pete Wilson -- can't forget Pete. Fresh thinking, too. I'm loving these men of God who think that the most important thing to do with their lives is the get out there and make a relationship with the lost so that they can bring them into a relationship with Christ. I'm ashamed to say that I've been one of those Christians who has dwelt inside the church, waiting for the lost to come and visit. And then, when they don't, we just have our own little party. Jesus didn't avoid the people who didn't think as He did. He talked to them. Even the religious ones! He touched those who lived outside any relationship with God. He welcomed them. He made them know that their life matters to the God Who created them. I gotta get there. Gotta get to the place where I'm intentional about loving those who don't think like me. Gotta get to the place where my faith isn't threatened by that. I must get to the place where the lost see something in me that isn't like what they have. And it has to be real. They know fakes. Whew! Got some serious work to do on me. I think this is gonna take a LOT of God-time. So, thank you, guys - you're touching lives, and if people will be real, you're leading them into that next step with Christ.

No comments: