Thursday, October 30, 2008

armadillo

So, it's five days until the election in this great nation of ours and my tendency right now is to curl me up into a ball and hide from all the garbage I hear. I'm overwhelmed. I'm stunned. I know what I believe and I know in whom I believe. I see thoughts and blogs about people thinking that a vote against the "norm" will bring about social change that the Church should have been executing long ago. That in itself frightens me. Social change can never be wrought by government mandate. It hasn't happened since FDR started the experiment, and it won't happen now. When those in power mandate that those "with" MUST give to those "without" through them, then the only ones who win are those in power as their hands and pockets and power-madness are filled. That's the secular, political side I see. Then I read Tim Stevens' blog this morning, and I am convicted. I have been more concerned about the person going into the White House than I have about my neighbors. So now I have something to mull over. Something to think about. My vote hasn't changed. I'm even thinking about going to vote early on this last day of early voting -- beat the rush as it were. Then I'd miss the social event that voting in Townsend is.... gotta think about that. My conclusion: PRAY. Vote. Live as Christ said -- which means living out His life where I am, not putting up walls that my neighbors can't breach, and wouldn't want to. Thanks, Tim. Thanks, God.

No comments: