Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good, Better, Best

I have a flaw. I know, I know, I like to think I'm practically perfect in every way, but really, I have a flaw (okay, I have several flaws!) What I'm talking about today is that flaw where I line up too much on my plate. I've done it on my own, without help from anyone. And each time I've added a "helping" onto it, I've scratched my head and thought, "WHAT was I thinking?" Now, being stressed isn't that big a deal, unless of course you do it all the time and give yourself a heart attack, but sometimes, pressure is good for bringing out what needs to be. This self-inflicted stuff, though -- I'm not so sure about. My fear is that in order to do what is really good about my list for today is that I might miss God's best for me. I don't want to do that. I want to be where He wants, when He wants. He's got something for me today, I know it. Maybe it's that lesson AGAIN about not putting more on my plate than I can handle. Maybe it's that lesson AGAIN about just accepting what's to be done and enjoying it instead of stressing over it, that HE is really the one in the details. I don't know. Guess that can be tomorrow's post.

No comments: