Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wednesday already???

Wow! I feel like I've lost a week! Well, maybe I have, but not really. Now, THAT is some circular thinking! I want to take some time in some separate posts to gel up what I learned at Catalyst, and put that into some action points I can live out. For now, I want to just update on where I am. This week -- Monday was great, to start with. I'd planned to sleep late and enjoy the day off after five days of full-tilt living. Then Jack called me from work to let me know that the dermatologist had called him to come back in -- that some of the tissue he'd taken from Jack's face was skin cancer and they needed to be sure they got it all. WHAM! So, I was okay with hearing that -- since he didn't say, "You must come in right away!" which means the really bad cancer - melanoma. Then, I started feeling this fear come in. It was like a blanket being ever so gently pulled up over my body and head. It was like a whisper in my ear saying, "What if..." so many things all at once. I broke down in tears. I knew that I believe that God has this all under control. I know that He will do what is the very best for Jack and me and will bring Him glory. I knew these things in my head. I could speak them. Somewhere between there and my heart that was being squeezed, though, was a disconnect. Fortunately, I was headed to a friend's house to drop off something. When I got there, I heard about how her struggles of the day had been and was able to help her some through that. I had shared what was going on with Jack. After we'd discussed stuff and I was headed out the door, this woman who would previously never pray aloud, much less stop someone to do so, stopped me, wrapped me up in her arms and placed her cheek to mine, speaking words to the Father and poured them into my heart. A friend indeed. After leaving that sweet moment, I had lunch at the Coffee House, then headed to Cades Cove. It was a beautiful afternoon, sunny and not too hot. I had my ever-present Nikon with me, and somehow managed to take 434 pictures! All the while basking in God's presence and realizing His love. It was one of those times where I didn't say much. I really couldn't. I did declare aloud that I knew that the fear was not from Him. I rebuked that moron that tries to thwart God's plans by planting fear in His people, then I just reveled in the peace and beauty that God gave me. Tuesday's visit to the doctor confirmed the news, skin cancer, yes. All gotten, yes. God in control, of course!

No comments: